This is truly a “family recipe” that we love. Ashley is usually the cook on this one, and somehow she makes them better every time. It’s a very simple and quick dish – perfect for on-the-go families like ours, or if you’re just looking for something quick and painless but still delicious after a long day.
- 10 8″ Flour Tortillas
- 1 Container Shredded Rotisserie Chicken OR 1 Whole Pre-Cooked Rotisserie Chicken (we usually get ours from Kroger)
- 2 Poblano Peppers (if you like a little spice) OR 2 Green Bell Peppers (if you don’t like spice)
- 1 Bag Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 Jars Taco Bell Verde Sauce
- 2 Bags Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice (whichever you prefer, we usually use the Spanish Rice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If you have the whole Rotisserie chicken, pull the meat apart into 1″ (or smaller) pieces and place in a bowl
- Thinly slice your peppers lengthwise to your liking
- Spray glass cooking dish with non-stick spray or oil
- Fill lay out tortillas and fill with chicken, peppers, and cheese
- Roll up the tortillas (no real skill needed here, just roll them up tight) and place in the baking dish
- Pour the two jars of verde sauce evenly over all the enchiladas 😋
- Place, uncovered in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes (you’ll know it’s ready when the tortillas are beginning to get golden-brown and the peppers inside should be soft)
- While the enchiladas are going you can have a glass of wine 🍷 and cook the Ready Rice in the microwave per package instructions
- When everything’s done, serve and enjoy!
Another thing I like about this dish – you can customize it in a million different ways. Melt some more cheese on top, add different types of cheese inside, garnish with cilantro or salsa. Ashley and I love to do this one just a little different each time.